Tuesday 14 July 2020 +

I still remember, exactly 4 years ago I've posted on my Facebook a brief conversation on what kind of man am I looking for. I feel like I should post the answers here, to remind the other girls and myself, that we are, indeed, worth a lot so do not settle for less in the name of temporary love. So...

"what kind of  man are you looking for?"

As a woman in this day and age, I am in a position to ask a man what can he do for me that I can not do for myself? I pay my own bills, I pay my own health insurance, I take care of myself and my household without the help of any man. I am in the position that can ask the man, "What can you bring to the table?". I am not referring to money or wealth for that matter. I need something more. I need a man who is striving for excellence in every aspect of life because I am. I need someone who is striving for excellence mentally because I need conversation and mental stimulation. I do not need simple-minded man, that is for sure. I need someone who is striving for excellence spiritually because I do not need to be unequally yoked... you know believers mixed with unbelievers is a recipe for disaster. I need a man who is striving for excellence financially because I do not need a financial burden. I need someone who is sensitive enough to understand what I go through as a woman, but strong enough to keep me grounded. I need someone who has integrity in dealing with relationships. Lies and players are not my ideas of a strong man. I need a man who is family-oriented. One who can be the leader, imam, ustaz and provider to the lives entrusted to him by Allah. I need someone whom I can respect. In order to be submissive, I must respect him. You can not be submissive to a man who isn't taking care of his business. Do not get me wrong, I have no problem being submissive but he just has to be worthy. Allah made woman to be a help-mate and soulmate for man but we can not help a man if he can not help himself.

By the way, if you haven't found "him", do not worry. He will find you in the right time. He will recognize himself in you. He may not be able to explain the connection, but he will always be drawn to you. Just focus on loving yourself and be a better version of yourself. Believe me, you will know what you deserve and you won't attract weak guys who are not on your level. So work on yourself.

So do you think I am asking a lot? No, I am worth a lot.

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment





Top | Home

< Newer Post Older Post >



© 2013 Heidi Haris.
Best viewed using Google Chrome with a resolution of 1366 x 667.